- Clean the painful area before applying the patch.
- Peel off the back of the TransAct® patch, and apply the sticky side to your skin.
- Stretch the patch slightly as you apply it, to avoid wrinkling the surface.
- Bend joints (such as knees, elbows or wrists) slightly, if you are applying the patch over them.
- Replace the patch every 12 hours.
- Use one patch at a time.
- Apply the patch to broken skin, as this may cause a higher dose of medication to enter the body.
- Use TransAct® patches for longer than four weeks, without consulting a doctor.
TransAct® is available at a pharmacy near you.